Photo Frame Craft
Recycling's all the rage these days, and your child can reuse the tops of tissue boxes as photo frames for treasured family photos in this fun craft activity. Pick boxes with pretty patterns and bold colors to make one-of-a-kind frames that you'll want to hang forever!
What You Need:
- Square tops of empty tissue boxes (cut off from the rest of the box)
- White cardboard background
- Craft glue or glue stick
What You Do:
- Let your child choose tissue box top designs that appeal to her. She can help cut the square tops off of empty tissue boxes using scissors. If she wants, she can leave the plastic covering in the box tops as a cover for her photos, or she can cut them out to have a clearer view of the photos.
- Give your child the white cardboard background and let her arrange the box tops in a placement that appeals to her.
- Have your child pick out photographs to go in the box tops that she has arranged.
- With a pencil, have her lightly trace an oval onto the photo to match the size of the opening in the tissue box top.
- Next, let her cut out the photographs to fit under the openings. It's okay for the photo to be a little bigger than the tissue box opening—the edges of the box top will cover the edges of the photo.
- Have her use white glue or glue sticks to glue the photos to the cardboard background. Then, have her put glue on back of the tissue box tops and place those carefully around each photograph.
- She can hang the photo collage in her room or give it as a gift!