Pig noses are adorable decorations made from recycled egg cartons. Each pig nose has a custom-designed personality depending on how it's accessorized. This is a great exercise for little ones to practice fine motor skills.
What You Need:
- Recycled egg carton
- Pink Tempera or acrylic paint
- Googly eyes
- Pink construction paper
- Decorating Materials: chenille sticks, raffia, yarn, sequins, etc.
What You Do:
- Help your child cut out individual cups from the egg crates. Cut out as many cups as she would like to make pig noses.
- Have her paint all of the cups with pink paint. Allow to dry completely.
- Ask her to cut out two pink triangles for her pig's ears and glue them in place from behind.
- She can now glue on the googly eyes to create a personality for the pig nose.
- Have her create unique features for her pig nose. We used chenille sticks twisted and cut for glasses, a construction paper bow, and raffia glued on for hair.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.