Pin the nose on Rudolph with this festive Christmas game! Rudolph with your nose so bright, won’t you guide this game tonight? Make this great holiday game with kids as an alternative to the traditional Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Pin the nose on Rudolph the reindeer instead! Kids can play alone or with lots of friends, for a challenging game that puts their spatial skills to the test. Play Pin the Nose on Rudolph with your friends and family this holiday season.
What You Do:
- Have your child cut out shapes from brown construction paper to make a large reindeer, or draw it directly on the board. Make sure the red nose is left off!
- Paint a Styrofoam ball or cotton ball red. After the paint dries, place double sided sticky tape on the back, for Rudolph’s nose.
- Play the game similarly to “Pin the Tail on the Donkey.” One child should be blindfolded, spun around and guided in the direction of the poster. He should try to place the nose as close to the correct spot on Rudolph’s face as possible.
- Use a post-it with that child’s name written on it to mark where he placed his nose on the poster.
- After everyone takes a turn, the child who comes closest to getting the nose on Rudolph in the correct place wins!
Now Rudolph’s ready to face the foggy night!
Beth Levin has an M.A. in Curriculum and Education from Columbia University Teachers College. She has written educational activities for Macmillan/McGraw-Hill and Renaissance Learning publishers. She has a substitute teaching credential for grades K-12 in Oregon, where she lives with her husband and two daughters.