Pipe Cleaner Letters
Your kindergartener may be learning phonics and starting to read his first words. Use fun and fuzzy pipe cleaners to help your child learn how to form important letters and letter combinations that make up the words that are the building blocks of phonics.
What You Need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Pictures of letters for reference (if necessary)
What You Do:
- Take two (or more if necessary) pipe cleaners and bend and twist them to create the lowercase letters "a" and "t". Put them together.
- Have your child create the letters c, b, m, and p.
- Put the "c" your child created in front of your "at".
- Have your child read the word.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the letters he created.
You can repeat this activity with "ie" and have your child create words like lie, tie, die, and pie. Don't forget, you can also practice with uppercase letters!