What You Need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Pictures of letters for reference (if necessary)
What You Do:
- Take two (or more if necessary) pipe cleaners and bend and twist them to create the lowercase letters "a" and "t". Put them together.
- Have your child create the letters c, b, m, and p.
- Put the "c" your child created in front of your "at".
- Have your child read the word.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the letters he created.
You can repeat this activity with "ie" and have your child create words like lie, tie, die, and pie. Don't forget, you can also practice with uppercase letters!