What You Need:
- Pieces of plastic pipes, variety of easy-to-manage lengths
- Pipe connectors, many "T" and "L" shaped pieces
- Duct tape
What You Do:
- Cover any sharp edges of the pipes with duct tape.
- Have your child connect different lengths of pipes with different connectors to try and create recognizable shapes.
- Ask her if she can name different materials that are able to pass through pipes.
- Challenge her to see how long of a pipe she can make. Then, ask if she can invent a system of pipes that extends from the ground up to her head.
- See how many small sculptures she can make using the pipes she has.
Pipes are an essential—but hidden and often overlooked—part of modern living. Not only are they fun, but they're educational too. The possibilities are endless!