Picnic getting boring? Here’s a fun game that gets the kids moving around, and doing a little addition while they’re at it. Kids take turns trying to blow small objects off their hand into three buckets—all with different point values. The player who gets the most points, wins, but everyone's guaranteed lots of fun!
What You Need:
- 3 containers of similar sizes (buckets, plastic containers, cardboard boxes)
- Collection of small objects (tiny balls of paper or dandelion heads work well)
What You Do:
- First, set up the playing field. Place a twig down as the "launching line," then arrange three buckets: close, medium, and far.
- Decide how many points each bucket should be worth. For example, make it: 5 points for the closest bucket, 10 points for the middle bucket, and 15 points for the farthest bucket.
- Now it's time to play the game! Each child gets three chances to blow an object off his palm, aiming for inside the buckets. Help each child keep track of their score.
- Play a total of three rounds. The child with the most points at the end, wins!
- Keep the game interesting by moving the buckets between rounds, or trying different objects, for differing levels of difficulty.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.