Create poetic art with this paper mache project! Your artistic fourth grader will make a beautiful bowl out of printed lines of poetry that she can use to store everything from jewelry to candy.
What You Need:
- Warm water
- Lines of poetry printed on paper
- Tempera paint
What You Do:
- Cut the poetry lines into strips.
- Blow up the balloon and then tape the tied mouth of the balloon to a table.
- In a bowl, slowly mix in water with your flour until the substance has the consistency of pea soup. Make sure to get all the lumps out.
- Dip the poetry strips into the flour paste, coating both sides.
- Begin laying your poetry strips across the bottom of the balloon. Continue this until the bottom of the balloon is completely covered. Set your balloon aside to dry.
- Once the paper strips have hardened, pop the balloon and remove it from the bowl.
- Use tempera paint to cover the outside of the bowl.