Pom Pom Christmas Tree
Not every Christmas tree needs to be prickly and full of sap. This holiday season, let your child construct a fuzzy and adorable tree out of color craft pom poms! This tactile creation makes a great three-dimensional cover for Christmas cards, but it displays beautifully by itself as well.
What You Need:
- Craft pom poms
- White glue
What You Do:
- Help your child draw a Christmas tree on a piece of green foam. Encourage her to make a tree that almost fills the foam sheet.
- Talk to her about the two shapes used to create a tree: one big triangle and one tiny rectangle or square.
- Have her use scissors to carefully cut the tree out. (Don't throw away the excess foam -- save it for a different project!)
- Let her pour glue into a bowl.
- Show her how to dip one craft pom pom at a time into the glue bowl before pressing it firmly on the foam tree.
- Have her continue to place pom poms onto the tree until she can't see the green foam.
- Dip one pom at a time into white glue and place it firmly onto the foam tree. Continue layering the poms in this way until the entire tree is covered.
- Let her attach an extra bright pom pom or even a metallic star sticker as a tree topper.