Pom Pom Christmas Tree
A pom pom Christmas tree dresses up holiday cards and decorations with some festive fuzz. Not every Christmas tree needs to be prickly and full of sap. This holiday season, let your child construct an adorable pom pom Christmas tree out of color craft pom poms! This tactile creation makes a great three-dimensional cover for Christmas cards, but it displays beautifully by itself as well. Make a pom pom Christmas tree with your child this holiday season.
What You Need:
- Craft pom poms
- White glue
What You Do:
- Help your child draw a Christmas tree on a piece of green foam. Encourage her to make a tree that almost fills the foam sheet.
- Talk to her about the two shapes used to create a tree: one big triangle and one tiny rectangle or square.
- Have her use scissors to carefully cut the tree out. (Don't throw away the excess foam -- save it for a different project!)
- Let her pour glue into a bowl.
- Show her how to dip one craft pom pom at a time into the glue bowl before pressing it firmly on the foam tree.
- Have her continue to place pom poms onto the tree until she can't see the green foam.
- Dip one pom at a time into white glue and place it firmly onto the foam tree. Continue layering the poms in this way until the entire tree is covered.
- Let her attach an extra bright pom pom or even a metallic star sticker as a tree topper.