Make a Pop Bottle Race Car
If you have a resourceful, adventurous child, chances are he'd love to build his own race car. Full-sized race cars can be expensive and dangerous, but this pop bottle alternative makes the speed, impact, and excitement of race car driving and maintenance easy for everyone to manage and enjoy.
Get his creative engine started by encouraging him to design his own personalized race car and course. Give him a few recycled materials and a couple of dowels, and you'll soon have a young engineer on your hands.
What You Need:
- Plastic soda bottle, washed and dried
- Hot glue gun (for use with adult help)
- Straw (wider than 1⁄8 inch)
- 2 wooden dowels (1⁄8 inch in diameter)
- 4 plastic soda bottle caps
- Stickers (optional)