Barack Obama Crossword and Trivia
It is a well known fact that Barack Obama made history by becoming the first black President of the United States. But how well does your child really know our 44th President? In this activity, your child will read Barack Obama’s biography online and then tackle this crossword puzzle to see how much information he retains. This challenging word game will teach your child a little about Obama’s childhood, education, and political career prior to winning the Presidential election in 2008.
What You Need:
- Biographical information from the following website
- Printable crossword puzzle and answer key
What You Do:
- Ask your child to read the Barack Obama biography.
- Print out a copy of this crossword puzzle along with the answer key, but don’t let your child see the answers. How many correct answers can he get without referring to the article? When he has figured out as many clues as possible, allow him to go back to the article and find the remaining answers. Some of the clues are a bit tricky so your child may need a little assistance.
- Once he is done, have him correct his work with the answer key.
- It is less important for your child to obtain all the answers without looking at the answer key and more important that he comes away with greater knowledge about Barack Obama that he didn’t have before.