Pretzel Reindeer Cookies
Reindeer cookies are a delicious treat fit for Rudolph and the whole gang! These reindeer cookies are made of peanut butter cookie dough, pretzels, and candy toppings. Use this fun cooking activity to boost your child's confidence in the kitchen and reinforce his measuring skills. These reindeer cookies are as tasty as they are cute, and make a great addition to your holiday spread.
What You Need:
- Peanut butter cookie mix
- Mini pretzels
- Mini M&M’s
- Red Hots or French Peanuts
What You Do:
- Help your child prepare the cookie dough according to the recipe.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough onto a non-stick baking tray and shape the dough into a flattened peanut shape. Start by making a flat oval, and pinch two dents down on the top of the head.
- Press two mini pretzels into the top of the dough to create the antlers.
- Press two mini M&M’s into the dough for the eyes.
- Add a bright red nose to the reindeer, using either a Red Hot or a French Peanut.
- Bake the cookies according to the package directions.
Reindeer cookies can be made ahead of time and frozen in a ziplock freezer bag. When you’re ready to eat them, take them out and let them thaw to room temperature.