Jack-o'-lanterns may be the craze on the streets, but you're sure to receive more "ooohs and ahhs" from a smaller version of the bulky Halloween staple. Help your child create an adorable -- or gruesome -- miniature pumpkin candle holder that will shed some tiny pools of light on your dining table, counter or window sill!
What You Do:
- Carefully carve off the top of the miniature pumpkin by making a circle around the stem. Make sure the circle is slightly larger than the votive candle.
- Hand the pumpkin over to your child and let her use her fingers to scoop out the pumpkin "guts."
- Let her use a pencil to draw a face on the pumpkin. Encourage her to create a personality. Is it a boy or girl pumpkin? Will he or she be scary, happy, sad or silly?
- Have her use paint brushes to paint over her pencil sketches.
- Set the entire pumpkin aside to dry.
- Let her place one votive candle inside the miniature pumpkin.
- Use a match to light up the candle.
There's no reason to make just one miniature pumpkin candle holder. These adorable crafts make perfect gifts for friends and familiy. Just don't get too attached! They won't last past Halloween night.