Anytime is the perfect time to whip up a batch of fluffy pumpkin cookies. Your child will hone her culinary skills while creating a savory cookie that packs a healthy punch!
What You Need:
- ½ cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- Dash of salt
- Vegetable oil
- Paper towel
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Sheet pan
What You Do:
- Start by helping your child gather the ingredients needed to bake the flavorful pumpkin cookies. She can measure and add the butter, sugars, and egg to the mixing bowl.
- Now she can use a mixing spoon to incorporate the ingredients, creating a nice smooth mixture. She can also preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Invite her to continue measuring and adding the ingredients along with the flower and then giving everything a final stir.
- Your child can coat the sheet pan with a drizzle of vegetable oil and then use a paper towel to cover the entire pan.
- Encourage your child to scoop spoonfuls of the batter onto the sheet pan leaving two inches of space between cookies.
- She can pop the cookies into the oven for about 12-minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Your child can serve her pumpkin cookies to the family alongside mugs of hot cocoa or apple cider on a crisp fall day!
Did You Know:
Pumpkins are packed with anti-oxidants, which are beneficial for brain and body development? And, they are full of vitamins A, C, and E!