Any time is the perfect time to whip up a batch of fluffy pumpkin cookies. Your child will hone her culinary skills while creating a savory cookie that packs a healthy punch!
What You Do:
- Start by helping your child gather the ingredients needed to bake the flavorful pumpkin cookies. She can measure and add the butter, sugars, and egg to the mixing bowl.
- Now she can use a mixing spoon to incorporate the ingredients, creating a nice smooth mixture. She can also preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Invite her to continue measuring and adding the ingredients along with the flower and then giving everything a final stir.
- Your child can coat the sheet pan with a drizzle of vegetable oil and then use a paper towel to cover the entire pan.
- Encourage your child to scoop spoonfuls of the batter onto the sheet pan leaving two inches of space between cookies.
- She can pop the cookies into the oven for about 12 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Your child can serve her pumpkin cookies to the family alongside mugs of hot cocoa or apple cider on a crisp fall day!
Did You Know:
Pumpkins are packed with antioxidants, which are beneficial for brain and body development? And, they are full of vitamins A, C, and E!
Sarah Lipoff has a K-12 Art Education degree and enjoys working with kids of all ages.