Homemade Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
Homemade pumpkin hot chocolate is perfect for a Halloween scary movie marathon or a pre-Thanksgiving game night! This hauntingly delicious pumpkin hot chocolate is inspired by the spooky mix of jack-o'-lanterns and Halloween candy. Let the aromas of pumpkin pie, melted chocolate, and warming milk in this pumpkin hot chocolate keep you feeling cozy inside and out this holiday season.
What You Need:
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Miniature marshmallows
- Oven mitt
What You Do:
- Turn the stove on to medium heat.
- Have your child combine the milk, cocoa mix, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a pan.
- Set the pan on the stove.
- Let your child whisk the ingredients together.
- Wait for the yummy liquid to steam.
- Help your child use oven mitts to remove the pan from the stove.
- Have your child set up mugs for every thirsty friend or family member in the house.
- Carefully pour the pumpkin hot chocolate into each mug.
- Let your child add a handful of mini-marshmallows and a sprinkling of cinnamon to the top of each warm drink.
- Pass the drinks around and enjoy pumpkin hot chocolate!