Before demands for eggnog and hot chocolate completely overtake your family's beverage wish list, enjoy the season of crunchy leaves and crisp harvest scents with a tall glass of pumpkin juice. Your child will love the spiced dessert drink -- how could anyone not like a beverage that is essentially a pie in a cup?
What You Need:
- 2 packages of pumpkin spice flavored pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- 2 glasses
What You Do:
- Grab the blender jar off the base of your blender.
- Let your child fill the liquid measuring cup with 2 cups of whole milk.
- Help her carefully pour the milk into the blender jar.
- Help her measure out 1 teaspoon of nutmeg using the measuring spoons.
- Let her place the spice into the blender jar.
- Help her to measure 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and dump it in the jar as well.
- Let your child open each box of pumpkin spice pudding mix and remove the inner packages.
- Tear open each package for your child.
- Have her pour each package of pudding mix into the blender jar.
- Place the blender jar back onto the base of the blender.
- Attach the lid firmly in place.
- Pulse for a few seconds until the liquid is thoroughly mixed.
- Remove the blender jar from its base.
- Help your child evenly divide the pumpkin juice between two glasses.
- Help your child measure out another teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Let her sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over both glasses.
- Pick a lovely fall spot -- preferably outdoors -- and enjoy your yummy beverage with your child.