This Halloween math activity book is a whole lot of fun. Kids will experiment with weight, measurement, buoyancy, scientific illustrations, texture, predictions and counting. This Pumpkin Math Book is designed to reinforce important elementary school math skills in interactive and interesting ways.
What You Do:
- Print both pages of the Pumpkin Math Book and carefully cut along the dotted lines. Arrange and staple the eight-page Pumpkin Math Book.
- Color the cover.
- Weigh your pumpkin and record. Be sure to label (pounds, kilograms, etc.)
- Measure the circumference of your pumpkin with string and tape it into the book.
- Circle the words that describe the texture of your pumpkin. Add your own describing words.
- Make a prediction about whether your pumpkin will float or not. Test your pumpkin in the bowl with water. Record the result.
- Complete the pumpkin pattern.
- Count the stripes on your pumpkin. Make sure to pay attention to where you started.
- Sketch your pumpkin. Add a silly or scary face!
- Share your Pumpkin Math Book with a sibling, parent or friend.
This range of math activities will help your child with critical thinking, logical reasoning, observation, and light a spark of excitement about Halloween!
Carrie Birgbauer, M.A. taught for nine years in private elementary schools throughout the Bay Area. She earned a Cross-Cultural Language and Academic Development multiple subject teaching credential and master's degree in Educational Technology from the University of San Francisco.