This pumpkin snowman will keep your porch or backyard festive from Halloween to New Year's Day! This pumpkin snowman combines the best of fall and winter. Make a mascot of the changing seasons: the Pumpkin Snowman!
What You Need:
- Three small pumpkins, varied in size
- General craft supplies: pom-poms, yarn, buttons, pipe cleaners, paint, construction paper, scissors
- Hot glue gun
- Optional: pumpkin carving kit (with carving knives)
What You Do:
- Let your child choose materials to decorate her smaller two pumpkins, which will be the the snowman (or snow-lady)’s head and torso. For example, she could use pom-poms or buttons for eyes, a pom-pom or button for a nose, yarn or a pipe cleaner for a mouth, yarn or pipe cleaners hair, and buttons down the front of the middle pumpkin to suggest clothing. She may also want to cut out eyes and mouth shapes from construction paper and glue or tape them on. If you don't have any supplies on hand, you can always use paint or permanent markers to draw a face and clothing right on the pumpkins, or use a carving kit to carve the features. Be creative and have fun!
- Once she has a plan in place, help her use the glue gun to attach the items to the smaller two pumpkins. Make sure to use a glue gun -- regular craft glue won't stick to pumpkins as well as hot glue.
- The three pumpkins can be stacked (from biggest on bottom to smallest on top) to create your final pumpkin man or lady. Glue them together to create a more sturdy sculpture.
- Display your finished creation and enjoy the best of both holidays!