Heart-shaped pizza is an unusual Valentine's Day treat that will keep your child smiling until the last slice is gone. Keep the Valentine’s celebration going well into dinnertime with these fun individual heart-shaped pizzas. Show your child how much you love him by encouraging him to use healthy toppings and giving him a little nutrition lesson. Your child will have a blast cooking this heart-shaped pizza with love, and you'll be delighted to use it as the focal point for a festive Valentine's Day dinner with the entire family! Make a heart-shaped pizza to celebrate Valentine's Day with your family.
What You Need:
- Pizza dough
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Variety of toppings, such as sliced olives, red peppers or pepperonis
What You Do:
- Roll out the pizza dough according to the instructions. Be sure to use flour on the surface so the dough doesn’t stick. Let your child use the rolling pin!
- See if your child can shape and manipulate the dough into the form of a heart. It can be tricky (and sticky!). Be sure their hands are covered with flour.
- If it’s too difficult to shape by hand, simply have your child roll out the dough, and give him a little help. Mom or Dad can use a sharp knife to trace the outline of a heart. Feel free to try cookie cutters, if they are big enough.
- Place the hearts on a cookie sheet (with a floured surface), and let your child apply the sauce and cheese.
- Now, it’s topping time! Let your child use whatever toppings he wishes to spell out Valentine’s words or phrases, or simply make a cool design. Sliced olives are a good instrument for writing out love words!
- Bake the pizzas in the oven, according to the directions on the dough package. Let them cool, and enjoy!