Puzzle Piece Necklace
Craft a puzzle piece necklace to wear on Earth Day and show everyone that you can recycle creatively! Have you ever wondered what to do with puzzles that have lost some pieces or are sitting in the closet collecting dust? With string and a few puzzle pieces, you can make a one-of-a-kind recycled necklace that's sure to brighten any outfit.
What You Need:
- Puzzle pieces
- Several feet of plastic string or necklace chain (found at craft stores)
- Thin craft wire
- Hot glue gun or heavy duty glue
What You Do:
- Have your child flip the puzzle pieces over so that the brown cardboard side is showing.
- Cut 1 to 2 centimeters of craft wire per puzzle piece.
- Pinch the craft wire segments into the shape of a “U”.
- Glue the tips of the craft wire to the puzzle pieces using one piece of wire for each puzzle piece. These will serve as hanging devices.
- After the glue dries, thread the puzzle pieces onto your necklace string or chain.
- Place the necklace around your child's neck by securing the clasp or tying it in place.
A fun alternative to this design is stacking puzzle pieces abstractly: glue them together as one single ornament and then add one larger wire hook to the back of the entire sculpture and string it on a necklace.