Puzzle Piece Tree
Sometimes the best part of a puzzle isn't putting it together, but breaking it apart! Now your child can recycle those old puzzles with missing pieces into a cute and easy puzzle piece tree. Kids will love using this unique art meduim to make something completely different, and also learn to see new crafting materials in the world around them.
What You Need:
- Drawing paper or cardstock
- Brown paper bag
- Puzzle pieces
- Cardboard frame (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child draw a tree trunk shape on a brown bag and cut it out.
- Glue the tree trunk on the drawing paper or card stock, leaving enough room at the top to fill with "leaves."
- Enourage your child to add features to the tree like a hollow hole for squirrels, grass and carvings.
- Now dig through the puzzle pieces and find cool shapes or colors to use as leaves! Squeeze a dab of glue on the back of each piece and press it above the trunk of the tree on the branches.
- Keep layering puzzle pieces on top of one another to create a 3D effect. You can use different colors to represent the seasons, or create a gradient.
- Frame the picture and hang it somewhere to remind you of nature!