Are you tired of addition worksheets? This fun, addition focused take on the classic card game War is a great way to help your child learn a bit of math! It’s fun, it can be played practically anywhere and best of all, it'll help your kid master his addition skills.
What You Need:
- Deck of cards with the face card removed
- 2 or more players
What You Do:
- Tell the players that for the purposes of the game aces= 1. Then, have your child shuffle the deck of cards.
- Have her deal the entire deck out evenly between both her and her friend.
- The rules of the game are pretty much like the card game War (both kids flip over a card at the same time), but instead of the player with highest card winning, the first player to say the sum of the two cards aloud wins the two cards.
- The first child to accumulate all of the cards is the winner.