Looking for a creative way to use up leftover quinoa and veggies? Throw in a few eggs, and you've got a healthy, high protein scramble for a quick breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. Don't have carrots or zucchini? Not a problem—simply toss in whatever fresh or leftover vegetables you have on hand. You'll be clearing space in the fridge, and eating healthy while you're at it.
This scramble is similar to fried rice, with quinoa's crunchy texture and nutty flavor. Kids love it first thng in the morning, in their lunch box, as an afternoon snack, or as side dish at dinnertime. Yields about four servings.
What You Need:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 small handfuls of finely chopped onions
- 4 small handfuls of shredded carrots
- 4 small handfuls of grated zucchini
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Gluten free Tamari or salt and pepper to taste