Build a Recycled Box City
Who says you have to buy your toys at the toy store? In this activity, you can plan and build a pretend play city entirely out of recycled materials. You'll save money on toys, and help the environment, too! Kids put on many different hats as they build, playing city planner, architect, engineer, and even construction worker all in one activity.
What You Need:
- Several cardboard boxes in various sizes such as cereal or cracker boxes, shoe boxes, jewelry boxes, etc.
- Large piece of cardboard reused from a moving or appliance box
- Cardboard paper towel and toilet paper tubes
- Clear drying, non-toxic glue
- Drawing paper
- Old newspapers, magazines, and other paper scraps
- Tempera paints and paint brushes (optional)