Cosmetic Compact Greeting Card
Using up that last bit of your powder compact is no longer something to despair. Your teen can clean it out and reconstruct it into a stylish greeting card that holds a message for a very special someone! Not only is this project as "green" as can be, it puts a whole new spin on passing notes.
What You Need:
- Empty cosmetic compact
- Soap and water
- Buttons, confetti, felt, or glitter
- Picture of you and the card recipient (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your teen clean out an empty cosmetic compact, using soap and water. Make sure she takes extra care when cleaning, because tiny bits of powder can make a huge mess on carpeted surfaces.
- Let the compact dry thoroughly.
- When dry, instruct her to lay the compact down and turn it so it opens like a book.
- Invite her to decorate the front of the compact with craft items of her choice, including confetti, sequins, photographs, etc.
- Ask her to measure and cut two circles of paper that are the same size as the inside of the compact.
- On these two pieces of paper, she can write a personalized greeting. Have her tailor the message to the specific holiday or event that the greeting card is being given for. She may want to write the person's name on one of the pages, and then the message on the second piece of paper.
- Next, ask her to open the compact and glue down the two papers (for the top and bottom of the inside of the compact).