Christmas Reindeer Decoration
Liven up your Christmas decor with vibrant reindeer created from cardboard. This decoration can hang above a fireplace, over a door, or across a wall. Your child will learn how to trace and create an even pattern, creating a spectacular Christmas decoration that is sure to create cheer!
What You Need:
- Colored construction paper
- Satin ribbon, 1” wide.
- Stapler or white glue
- Double sided tape or Blu-tack
What You Do:
- Draw a simple reindeer on a piece of cardboard using pencil.
- Cut the cardboard reindeer out using a pair of scissors.
- Place the cardboard reindeer on top of a sheet of colored construction paper. Trace as many reindeer as you like, alternating construction paper colors.
- Use wax crayons to decorate simple patterns on to the reindeer. White crayon looks especially festive against darker colors.
- Cut out all of the traced reindeer shapes.
- Lay out a strip of ribbon flat on a table. Make it as long as you like so it can accommodate all of the reindeer you wish to hang.
- Lay the reindeer out and make sure they are evenly spaced.
- Either glue or staple the reindeer in place.
- Use the double stick tape, or Blu-tack to stick the reindeer chain on the wall or above the fireplace.