Christmas Reindeer Decoration Activity
Liven up your Christmas decor with vibrant reindeer created from cardboard. This decoration can hang above a fireplace, over a door, or across a wall. Your child will learn how to trace and create an even pattern, creating a spectacular Christmas decoration that is sure to create cheer!
What You Need:
- Colored construction paper
- Satin ribbon, 1” wide.
- Stapler or white glue
- Double sided tape or Blu-tack
What You Do:
- Draw a simple reindeer on a piece of cardboard using pencil.
- Cut the cardboard reindeer out using a pair of scissors.
- Place the cardboard reindeer on top of a sheet of colored construction paper. Trace as many reindeer as you like, alternating construction paper colors.
- Use wax crayons to decorate simple patterns on to the reindeer. White crayon looks especially festive against darker colors.
- Cut out all of the traced reindeer shapes.
- Lay out a strip of ribbon flat on a table. Make it as long as you like so it can accommodate all of the reindeer you wish to hang.
- Lay the reindeer out and make sure they are evenly spaced.
- Either glue or staple the reindeer in place.
- Use the double stick tape, or Blu-tack to stick the reindeer chain on the wall or above the fireplace.
Ellen Dean has worked as an art educator in Thailand since 2005, working with both children and adults. She has also been a professional artist working in painting, sculpture and photography since 1996.