Reindeer Droppings Activity
Whether or not your child still believes in the big, jovial gift-giver from the north, anyone -- young or old -- can enjoy these sweet treats. Made to humorously resemble reindeer droppings, these simple to make and yummy to eat holiday desserts are destined to become a family favorite.
What You Need:
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups chopped mixed nuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup water
- 2 small saucepots
- Wooden spoon
- Baking sheet
What You Do:
- Place one of the small saucepots over the stove and set the heat to medium.
- Have your child pour the water into the pot.
- Help him place the other saucepot on top of the first one.
- Have your child carefully pour both kinds of chocolate chips into the top pot.
- Let your child stir the chocolate with the wooden spoon until the water in the bottom pot boils. Make sure he keeps stirring! Constant stirring equals perfectly melted, delicious chocolate.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, help your child pour the nuts and pretzel sticks in.
- Have him continuing stirring until the ingredients are thoroughly spread around.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Using the wooden spoon, help your child drop the mixture by the spoonful onto the sheet pan.
- Set the droppings into the fridge and let cool for two hours.
- Eat and enjoy!