This reindeer hat is cute and festive for your child during the holiday season. Searching for the perfect homemade craft that'll add some giggles to this year's holiday photos? Help your little one create reindeer antlers for every member of her family! Easily fitted for small heads and big ones too, these silly reindeer hats are sure to put everyone in the holiday spirit. Make a reindeer hat this Christmas with your child.
What You Need:
- Brown construction paper
- Wiggle eyes
- Red pom
- Black marker
What You Do:
- To make the perfect reindeer hat, your child is going to need a good base. Help her measure a piece of brown construction paper around her head. (Older kids and adults may need to tape two pieces of paper together to create a big enough hat.)
- Have her use her scissors to cut the paper into a long three inch tall strip.
- Gently wrap the strip of paper around your child's head to double check that it fits.
- While holding the paper in place with one hand, remove it from your child's head and staple it closed with your other hand.
- Have your child fold a sheet of brown paper in half.
- Help her draw one antler along the fold.
- Let her use scissors to cut the antler out to create two identical antlers.
- Have her staple the antlers to the inside of the hat.
- Let her use glue to attach wiggle eyes and a red pom for his nose.
- Have her use a black marker to add the final touch -- a smile!
Don't forget to help her make one for all her friends and family members. You wouldn't want anyone to get left out of this silly photo!