Who wants to take a boring paper bag to school -- just to throw away as soon as the bell rings -- when you can create a beautiful reusable lunch bag out of fleece? Just grab the sewing machine and some simple supplies to help your child make a bag she'll be proud to show off at lunch time.
What You Need:
- Two pieces of polar fleece (10'' x 12'')
- Sewing pins
- Sewing machine
What You Do:
- Have your child stack the two pieces of polar fleece on top of one another.
- Help her use sewing pins to keep them together.
- Let her use a ruler to measure a 1 ½'' x 1 ½'' square from the bottom left and right corners of the polar fleece pieces. (See template.)
- Have her mark the dimensions of the square with a marker.
- Let your child use scissors to cut out these squares.
- Help her sew the the two sides of the stacked polar fleeces.
- Have your child pinch the bottom left corner so that the side seam and the bottom seam meet.
- Sew along this line.
- Pinch and sew the bottom right corner as well.
- Let your child use scissors to trim any excess threads.
- Help her turn the entire bag inside and out -- this way the seams won't show.
- She's ready to fill her reusable lunch bag with some yummy snacks!