As the winter chill sets in, a little extra warmth goes a long way. This one-of-a-kind reusable heating compress is an easy afternoon craft, and is perfect for soothing body aches and warming cold limbs on chilly winter days. Just pop the entire thing in the microwave for a minute. Make a bunch and give them as holiday or birthday gifts!
What You Do:
- Fold the rectangle of fabric over lengthwise with the patterned side (right side) facing in.
- Sew the bottom and long side closed, with a 1/2" seam allowance (the distance between the fabric edge and line of stitches).
- Turn the tube right side out and, starting at the bottom seam, use a pencil or chalk to place marks every six inches along the long side of the rectange. Stop when you're 1/2" from the top (open) edge.
- Pour one cup of rice inside the tube.
- At the first mark, sew across the width to enclose the rice in the bottom segment.
- Pour another cup of rice into the tube and sew across the width at the next mark. Repeat the process until the last cup of rice has been added.
- Turn under the edges of the open end and sew the rectangle tightly closed.
To warm, microwave the pack for 1-2 minutes until hot. Hold it to your body, making sure it’s not too hot for comfort. Ahhhh….