What You Need:
- Several sheets of construction paper in a variety of colors
- Ruler (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child cut up strips of construction paper in varying widths (You may want to whip out the ruler here.) If your child is making a sun, for example, he should decide how many strips of yellow he will need, in addition to some red and orange for accents.
- Now take your strips and roll them up into circles of different sizes. You can make it easier by rolling the strips around a pencil. You might want to roll some really tight and others fairly loose, depending on the look you want for your design. Lay the rolled paper out on your design until you are happy with how it looks—feel free to experiment. Would it look better to have smaller rolls inside bigger ones? Should some be placed their sides?
- Once you’re done creating these paper spirals, arrange and glue them to another piece of paper.
- Wait at least half an hour for the rolls to dry, and then give your spiral paper creation to someone special!
Spiral paper also make a great addition to any homemade card! So the next time you're creating a card for a loved one, you might want to add on some pretty spirals.