Friendship Necklace Activity
This African safari-themed necklace makes a great friendship necklace for your little one to share with a buddy! She can alter it by personalizing the necklace with her friend's name, or choosing beads and charms that will suit her friend's personality. Your child's creative mind will be put to good work with this project, as she creates a unique charm necklace that is sure to become a treasured keepsake!
What You Need:
- 12" or more of thin elastic cord
- Charms or beads of your child's choice
- Jump rings (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child arrange her chosen charms and beads on a flat surface until she is satisfied with the design. Use jump rings to attach charms if your child is using a chain link necklace.
- Cut the elastic cord to fit, allowing four extra inches to tie off the cord.
- Help your child to string the charms and beads on the elastic cord, making sure that there are no gaps. Encourage her to enlist her creativity to make the necklace unique and colorful! Your child can use her friend's birthstone, name, or a special personalized (such as horses or flowers).
- Ask her to tie the ends in a sturdy knot and trim the elastic ends to keep them from coming apart.