Deviled Egg Boats
Kids love to play with boats and ships, and they can pretend to sail away to far-off and exotic places for hours. But doing all that adventuring requires some energy. If you're looking for a wonderful afternoon snack to fuel your child's imagination, here's a fitting recipe for your little sailor: create Sailboat Eggs! Mix egg yolks with carrots, celery, and other condiments and place them into halved egg whites. Let your child color some sails, stick them in, and you have the perfect treat for any great high-seas adventure.
Serves 1 egg per sailor
Cook Time: 30 minutes
What You Need:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Chopped pimentos
- Lettuce leaves
- Knife and cutting board
- Toothpicks for mast
- Paper for sails
What You Do:
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs. Discard shells.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Mash the yolks with the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Spoon the mixture back into the egg white sections.
- Decorate the egg sections with the celery sticks, carrot sticks, and chopped pimentos.
- Cut the paper into sails. You can have your child decorate the sails with symbols and shapes if she wishes.
- Attach the sails to the toothpicks with tape and put into eggs.
- Place the lettuce on a serving plate, then put the eggs on top of the lettuce.