Salad Spinner Painting
Put a new "spin" on painting with this salad spinner painting project. Your preschooler will love the funky designs that can be made simply with paint and paper. Move aside veggies, here comes some colorful fun! But beware, this project can get a bit messy. Make sure to have a clean up bucket ready just in case.
What You Need:
- Salad spinner
- Tempera paint
- Disposable cups
- Disposable spoons
- Watercolor paper
What You Do:
- Cover your work space with newspaper to protect your table.
- Have your little one decide how many colors she wants to use and grab a cup for each color. Help her pour a small amount of tempera paint in a cup and add a spoon to each cup.
- Help your child to cut a sheet of watercolor paper that will fit in the bottom of the salad spinner.
- Have her place the paper in the salad spinner.
- Encourage her to drizzle paint onto the paper, using as many colors as she likes.
- Secure the lid of the spinner and help her starting spinning using the handle.
- Open the lid and have her sprinkle glitter into the wet paint.
- Set the wet painting to the side and start another one!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.