This Santa Claus craft is made to look like the jolly holiday icon himself. This clever Santa Claus craft is made to look like the holiday figure with a red suit! Reminiscent of the classic Christmas figure without going over the top, this is the perfect activity for older kids who still love cuteness and candy. Make a Santa Claus craft with your child this holiday season.
What You Need:
- Small terra cotta pot
- Red paint
- Black paint
- Paint brush
- Silver glitter glue
- Red tissue paper
- Paper tape
What You Do:
- Help your child set up her workspace by layering a few sheets of newspaper over a table.
- Have your child paint the outside of the pot red. (Depending on the look she's going for, you may want to encourage her to add at least a couple coats of paint.)
- Allow paint to completely dry before moving forward.
- Let her carefully run a line of paper tape just under the lip of the terra cotta pot. This will help prevent the black paint from getting onto the rest of the pot.
- Have your child paint the rim of the pot black.
- Help her remove the paper tape as gently as she can. If she yanks the tape off, some of the red paint might rip up as well.
- Let her glue a silver washer on the black "belt."
- Have her draw a line of silver glitter glue around the washer to create a little holiday sparkle.
- Line the inside of the pot with tissue paper and candy! She now has a delightful treat holder to keep for herself or to give away as a present.