What You Need:
- White cardstock
- Hole puncher
- White glue
- Red and white glitter
- Poem for Santa (optional)
- Stickers (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child draw a large key on the cardstock. He can use a real key for guidance.
- Cut out the key shape, and punch a hole at the top corner.
- To make a candy cane key, dip a brush in glue and paint stripes on the key. Then sprinkle red glitter over the glue.
- When the red glitter dries, paint some more glue on the empty areas of the key, and sprinkle it with white glitter.
- While the key is drying, your child can create a tag for the key, with a poem or instructions on how to enter the house. The poem can be neatly written on cardstock or printed out.
- Punch a hole in the tag, and string it onto the key with ribbon. Add a Santa sticker to the tag, if your child wishes.
- Now curl the ribbon, and hang the key somewhere outside!
This is what we wrote for Santa:
Don't worry about a chimney
for Santa to come tonight.
Place this magical key outside,
and he'll deliver your gifts just right!