This Santa key lets kids invite Mr. Claus inside, even if they don't have a chimney. Santa can still enter your house with a magical Santa key your youngster can create. This cute cut and paste craft not only puts your little artist into the holiday spirit, but also reassures him that Santa will make it inside the house. Use dazzling art supplies to make this key glisten in the night. After Christmas, it makes a great tree ornament! Make a Santa key with your child to bring some Christmas cheer inside.
What You Need:
- White cardstock
- Hole puncher
- White glue
- Red and white glitter
- Poem for Santa (optional)
- Stickers (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child draw a large key on the cardstock. He can use a real key for guidance.
- Cut out the key shape, and punch a hole at the top corner.
- To make a candy cane key, dip a brush in glue and paint stripes on the key. Then sprinkle red glitter over the glue.
- When the red glitter dries, paint some more glue on the empty areas of the key, and sprinkle it with white glitter.
- While the key is drying, your child can create a tag for the key, with a poem or instructions on how to enter the house. The poem can be neatly written on cardstock or printed out.
- Punch a hole in the tag, and string it onto the key with ribbon. Add a Santa sticker to the tag, if your child wishes.
- Now curl the ribbon, and hang the key somewhere outside!
This is what we wrote for Santa:
Don't worry about a chimney
for Santa to come tonight.
Place this magical key outside,
and he'll deliver your gifts just right!