Make a School Notes Clip Magnet
On the first day of school, chances are, your child's going to come home with a lot of papers about his homework, class schedule, school calendars, and more! If you get overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to save, here's a project for you. Keep tabs on important information while teaching your child a little something about responsibility with this school notes clip magnet! With just a clothespin, some paint, and decorations, you and your child will store all that information in one place and never lose his important school papers again.
What You Need:
- Wooden clothespin
- Acrylic paint in any color
- 3” x 2” card stock
- Magnet strip
- Scissors, regular or fancy
- Optional: Foam
What You Do:
- Paint the clothespin. Let it dry.
- On card stock, cut out a rectangle 3" x 2". If you have fancy scissors, you can use those.
- Using markers, write “School Notes” onto the card stock. You can draw school pictures, add small stickers, or cut fun designs from colorful foamies. Be creative!
- Attach the card stock to the front of the clothespin with the glue.
- Cut two small strips of magnet and attach to the back of the clothespin.
When the glue dries, you can now hang your new school notes clip magnet on your refrigerator. Use this clip to hold your school’s menu, calendar, or other important notes. You'll never lose them again!