Add a smattering of beachy fun to a regular paper plate with this simple and adorable seashell craft! Sure to bring color and creativity to any table, these plate embellishments are great accents for any beach-themed meal.
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- 2 paper plates
- Clear tape
- Black marker
What You Do:
- Have your child draw seashells and coral on bright sheets of colored construction paper. Encourage her to make the ocean items different sizes and different colors.
- Help her use a pencil to draw a small tab on the bottom of each drawn shell and coral. These tabs will be what she uses to attach the paper items to her paper plate.
- Let her cut out all the drawn shapes.
- Have her use a black marker to outline each object and to add any details like lines or bumps.
- Help her arrange the items on one paper plate, making sure the tabs are on the top side of the palte.
- Let her tape the tabs to the plate.
- Help her spread a very thin layer of glue in the middle of paper plate.
- Have her press a second paper plate on top of the decorated plate. This will hide the tabs from view.
- It's time to eat! Serve up some delicious food and let your child enjoy her seaside backdrop.