What You Need:
- About 15 small seashells
- 4-5 straws
- Fishing wire
- Hole punch
- 1 Styrofoam cup
- Drill (For parents use only)
What You Do:
- Thoroughly wash the seashells.
- Allow shells to completely dry.
- Have a parent drill a tiny hole in each shell.
- Cut each straw into 4 sections.
- Cut about 3-inches from the open end of the Styrofoam cup. Distribute 3 hole punches evenly around the cup. (Or mom can use the drill for the holes.)
- With a pencil (or the drill), make 2 small holes at the top of the cup. This will be to hold up the wind chime.
- Alternate stringing 5 shells and the straw bits onto one piece of fishing wire. Do this a total of three times.
- Take each fishing wire with the straw and the shells (there should be three) and tie a knot on the ends. Take the other end and string it through a hole in the cup. Knot it. Do this for all three.
- String a piece of fishing wire through the holes at the top of the Styrofoam cup. Tie it in a knot.
Decorate the cup as you wish. Once you're done, hang your seashell wind chime outside for family, friends and neighbors to enjoy.