Wreaths are a great way to brighten the entrance of any doorway. This shamrock craft is the perfect way to get everyone in the mood for St. Patrick's Day, or simply to celebrate the change of seasons. This collage project will allow your child to practice tracing shapes and layering them to create a beautiful object.
What You Need:
- Green foam or construction paper
- Glue stick (optional, low heat glue gun)
- Sequins (optional, poms or glitter)
What You Do:
- Have your child draw a shamrock on green foam. It should be at least the size of the palm of her hand.
- She can cut out the shape and trace it at least 9 more times to create enough shamrocks for her wreath.
- Have her cut out all 9 shapes and arrange them in the shape of a wreath with the shamrocks overlapping each other. Glue them in place.
- To finish her wreath, she can add on sequins, poms or glitter.
Helpful Tip: If she plans on hanging her wreath on a door or a knob, attach a piece of string to the back of the wreath to create a loop for hanging.