Simple Pumpkin Designs
Whether you're designing a pumpkin, or autumn squash, using a bit of paint and a repetitive pattern can make a big statement. By selecting a pattern and carefully repeating it on the entire surface of the pumpkin, she'll transform a simple garden vegetable into a work of art. Have her try out different designs on multiple pumpkins and soon enough she'll have created an abundance of colorful centerpieces and doorway decorations perfect for celebrating the beauty of autumn.
What You Need:
- Pumpkin, or squash
- Tempera paint
What You Do:
- Ask your child to name as many different types of line patterns as they can. Some examples are: zig-zags, diagonals, chevron stripes, stripes, wavy lines, criss-crosses and diamonds.
- Have her choose a pattern for her pumpkin.
- Ask her which size brush would work the best as a continuous pattern over the entire surface of the pumpkin.
- Have her start from the top down, repeating her pattern until it covers the entire surface of the squash.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Place on a table, or on the front doorstep to welcome autumn!