Your child can ring in the holidays with their own unique sculpture of Frosty The Snowman. They'll paint and assemble clay pottery to create a self-standing sculpture that'll look great on a table or in a window.
What You Need:
- Small terra cotta pot
- Medium terra cotta pot
- Black and white tempera paint
- Googly eyes
- Ribbon, or pipe cleaner
- White glue
- Low-heat glue gun (optional), with parental supervision
What You Do:
- Start with both pots turned upside-down. Have your child paint the medium-sized terra cotta pot with white tempera paint. Set it aside to dry.
- Paint the small-sized terra cotta pot with black paint and allow it to dry as well.
- Help her to glue a ribbon, or pipe cleaner around the lip of the black terra cotta pot, to decorate your snowman's hat.
- Assist her in gluing the black pot on top of the white to attach the snowman's hat to his head.
- Have her glue on his googly eyes.
- Give her the markers, encouraging her to draw on his carrot nose and mouth.
- Write a message on the base of the white pot and share it with someone you love!