This snowman ornament is a fun way to invite Frosty the Snowman into your house this holiday season! This adorable snowman ornament is made with a few sheets of foam and your child’s creativity. Our snowman ornament has twig arms, a foam hat and lots of buttons that fit his fun personality, but yours could be totally unique. Frosty makes a cute gift tag or decoration that will last after the snow has melted and remind the family of past holidays enjoyed together.
What You Need:
- 2 White foam sheets
- Black, brown, green and orange foam sheets
- Red felt
- 2 Cups of different sizes
- Hole punch
- Thin ribbon
- 2 Sequins or rhinestones
- Small black buttons
What You Do:
- Have your child trace the drinking glasses on the white foam with a pencil to make two circles of different sizes.
- To make the snowman’s body, glue the smaller circle on top of the larger one, slightly overlapping the edges.
- Show your child how to draw a hat on the black foam by drawing a square with a brim, and then cut it out.
- Glue the hat on top of the snowman’s head.
- Draw two twig arms on brown foam and cut them out.
- Glue them in fun positions to give your snowman expressive arms.
- Glue small black buttons on the snowman’s face to make eyes and a mouth. Don’t forget to keep the snowman warm by buttoning up the front of his belly!
- Draw a triangle nose on orange foam, then cut it out and glue it on his face.
- For a scarf, cut two thin strips of red felt, one a bit longer than the other. Make fringes the edges of the scarf with small cuts. Crisscross the felt over the snowman’s neck and glue them in place.
- Cut out two small leaves from green foam and glue them on his hat for the holly.
- Attach two red sequins for berries.
- Punch a hole in one corner of the hat, and run a ribbon through the hole to make a loop.
Frosty is now ready to decorate your Christmas tree!