Are you and your child practically swimming in piles of unmatched socks? Celebrate spring -- and take care of a little spring cleaning -- with this creative craft that turns a single sock into an adorable rabbit.
What You Need:
- Dry rice
- Rubber band
- 2 black craft poms pom
- 1 pink pom pom
- Black yarn
- Cotton ball
What You Do:
- Have your child fill the sock with rice until it reaches the "neck" of the sock -- or the part of the sock that hits the ankle.
- Help her tightly wrap a rubber band around the sock's neck.
- Show her how to use scissors to make one long cut in the sock material above the rubber band. Voila! Now her rabbit has two long, floppy ears.
- To make the eyes, have your child glue two black pom poms onto the rabbit's face.
- Let her glue the pink pom pom below the eyes to make an adorable nose for her rabbit.
- Now her rabbit is just missing a mouth. Help her cut two pieces of black yarn: one short and one long.
- Have her place the short piece of yarn vertically directly beneath the rabbit's nose.
- Help her glue the long piece of yarn under the short piece, curved into a happy smile.