Spaghetti Ornaments Activity
Want to revive the cold, leftover noodles from last night? Glitter and glue can help you out! These spaghetti ornaments take seconds to make and are a great addition to a tree, gift or window. Plus, your child gets a fun lesson in shapes and hand-eye coordination on the side. So roll up your sleeves and go raid the fridge to make some spaghetti ornaments!
What You Need:
- Cold, cooked spaghetti noodles (no sauce, please)
- Waxed paper
- Small bowl
What You Do:
- Have your child place a sheet of wax paper on the table for an easy to clean work area.
- Pour some glue into the small bowl.
- Now your child can dip a strand of spaghetti into the glue and arrange it on the wax paper into a curly S or curlicue shape. Make sure the strands are touching, so when it dries you can lift the shape off in one piece.
- Repeat with as many strands as you'd like. How many words that begin with the letter S can your child think of?
- Have your child sprinkle his creations with glitter. He may need to dab a bit more glue on them first, if it seems to have dried.
- When finished, let the spaghetti ornament dry overnight.
- Once the glue dries, carefully peel the wax paper off the spaghetti ornament.
- Attach a string to the masterpiece, and hang it up.