Creepy, crawly, spooky and even kind of cute! This spider loves school supplies and will do a great job guarding them. Made of tissue paper and pipe cleaners, this fun craft looks great attached to a pencil holder or anything else that needs a little spook. It would also be great decoration for a Halloween party!
What You Do:
- Have your child paint a spider web design on the tin can, which will serve as the pencil holder.
- Next, he can ball up tissue paper to create two balls. One ball is for the body and should be larger, while the other is for the head. Try to create a smooth side on each of the balls.
- Now glue the head to the body, and allow it to dry completely.
- Cut the pipe cleaners in half and attach the spider’s eight legs to its body, with four on each side. Both glue and tape might be needed to reinforce the legs.
- Glue the googly eyes on the spider’s head.
- Use double stick tape to attach the spider to the side of the pencil holder. Your child can arrange the legs in a realistic way, and then attach them to the can with some more double stick tape.
Whether it’s pencils or utensils, this cute container will keep things safe!