Spider Halloween Sandwiches Activity
These Halloween sandwiches are a creepy-crawly treat for an All Hallow's Eve party or an especially scary school lunch. Treat your child to this frighteningly good Halloween spider sandwich, which is a fun variation on the traditional peanut butter sandwich. Make these Halloween sandwiches for your little ghost or ghoul this Halloween season!
What You Need:
- 2 slices of bread
- Peanut butter
- Pretzel sticks (8 per spider sandwich)
- Drinking glass
What You Do:
- Lay out two slices of bread on a flat surface.
- Have your child use the rim of the drinking glass as a circular cookie cutter. Place the glass rim side down in the center of the bread and press down to make a circle. Tear the surrounding bread off and repeat with the second piece of bread.
- Remove the excess bread and save it for another recipe.
- Have him spread peanut butter on both of the circles.
- He can now place four pretzel sticks on the side of one circle and four on the other side of the second circle creating a total of 8 spider legs.
- Close the sandwich with the other circle, peanut butter to peanut butter.
- Encourage him use the toothpick to gently create a small intention in the bread for his spider's eyes.
- Have him place raisins in the indentations to give the spider eyes.
- Now he's ready to eat his creepy spider sandwich!