Spider crafts help get your house creepy-crawly for Halloween! This scary spider craft is a great activity for kids who want to help decorate for the spookiest holiday of the year. Help your child weave some fun by creating a web, then making a spider to live in it!
What You Need:
- Yarn or string 3 straight sticks, or large Popsicle sticks
- Craft wire
- Pipe cleaners
- Styrofoam ball (you can buy this at any craft store)
What You Do:
- First, glue (or attach with craft wire) two sticks together, in the shape of an X.
- Lie a third stick across the middle and attach it.
- Using the yarn, wrap it up and around the first stick, then up and around the next one, moving from stick to stick. If you’d like to use more than one color, you can tie another piece of yarn to the first one and continue around the sticks.
- Keep weaving your “web” until you get to the tops of the sticks, then tie a knot to finish it off.
- Create a loop at the top most stick to hang your web to a tree, or wherever else you’d like to spread some spooky fun.
How to Make the Spider: Pipe cleaners are difficult to cut, and can be sharp, so make sure the parent or adult uses the scissors! Cut several pipe cleaners in half, then let your child stick them into the Styrofoam ball to create spider legs. Give her a marker and have her draw the spider’s face and any other features she’d like. Then attach the spider to her web, using glue or yarn. Boo-tiful!