Make ABC Sponge Stamps!
Practicing the ABC's can be repetitive and dull when the same teaching techniques are used over and over. Add some variety to your child's letter learning by making these darling sponge stamps together! Make one for all 26 letters and stamp out the sameness of teaching the alphabet. Your little one can use these sponge stamps to create a multitude of projects such as greeting cards, book covers, posters, and wrapping paper.
What You Need:
- Sponges (13 if you plan on fitting two letters per sponge)
- Fine tip marker
- Acrylic paints
- Paper bowls (one for each color of paint)
What You Do:
- Help your child trace the alphabet letters onto the sponges using a fine tip marker.
- Cut the letters out of the sponges.
- Pour the paints into paper bowls.
- Now your child is ready to create an alphabet masterpiece! Dampen the stamps with water and squeeze out any excess water.
- Have your child gently press the sponge stamp into the paint, and stamp away onto the paper. While he is making his chosen project, make sure to discuss the letters of the alphabet. Ask him to name the letters he is using, and encourage him to spell out any words or names he knows.
As an extension to this project, sing the “ABC song" together with your child and ask him to name objects that begin with each letter or sound.