You can shoot for the stars, but why not grow them from a pot? Plant a pot of stars on this magical card, created out of foam and construction paper. Your child will practice cutting shapes and layering patterns. This is a fun and easy craft to bring in the spring or summer seasons, and a great birthday or holiday card to give to friends and family!
What You Need:
- Construction paper (we used glitter-embedded construction paper)
- Orange and red foam sheets
What You Do:
- Have your child fold one sheet of construction paper in half to create the base for the card.
- Have him draw and cut out the base and lip for the pot from the foam sheets. He can glue them together to finish the pot and set it aside.
- Encourage him to draw the outlines for stars of all sizes on different colored construction paper. After he's done drawing them, he can cut them out.
- Now, he can draw and cut out leaves from green construction paper.
- Finally, it's time to assemble all of the parts. Have him glue down a few of the leaves first, then glue down the pot, the rest of the leaves and all of the stars to complete his star card.