Star Spangled Wreath
Make this star spangled greeting for the door to make all your guests feel welcome this Independence Day. This activity will help your child develop the fine motor skills used in all kinds of paper and glue crafts. She’ll be able to make a personalized wreath with patriotic colors to show off her pride, and her artistic talents.
What You Need:
- Corrugated cardboard
- Construction paper in red, white and blue
- Glitter in silver, gold, red or blue
- Chenille craft stems
What You Do:
- Help your child cut out a ring from the cardboard, to use as a base for the wreath. You might need to use heavy duty scissors.
- Have your child sketch some stars onto colors paper, and cut them out. Encourage her to create different sizes, for a more visually interesting wreath.
- Cover the table with newspaper for easy cleanup, and then have your child glue some glitter to the stars to make them pop.
- Start positioning the stars around the wreath to create a firework effect. Your child can glue stars onto the chenille stems and tape them to the wreath so they poke out, like a starburst.
- Out of corrugated cardboard, cut a ring to use as a base for the wreath.
- Now squeeze a ring of glue around the cardboard base, and press more stars onto the glue, until all of the base is covered.
- Let glue dry for at least one hour and then hang the wreath someplace everyone can see.